Custom Search

Friday, December 08, 2006

Update on the USPS Navy Gallery Blog!

I wrote an article about the commemorative gallery that was being sold by the US Postal Service last week. I found out that American Stamp Collectibles are the ones that actually produce the Artwork. Since someone already contacted the USPS and got a response, I decided that today I would contact ASC and see what they have to say. Within about 20 minutes or so, I already received the following courteous response:

Matt, Thank you for trying to bring this to our attention. We actually realized this about 2 weeks ago when one of your fellow submariners (a Bubblehead I believe :) ) informed us. We got the original images from the Navy and they approved the product. We are now in the process of destroying over 2000 prints and even more finished product. We found a wonderful replacement "American" Sub and are printing them as we speak. I will replace the image on the website as soon as it is done. If you or anyone you know has already purchased one please let us know so that we can replace it immediately. Thank you again for taking time to let us know.

Lisa
(According to the email, Lisa is the VP of sales)

As you can see, I was a little late in contacting them, but they are already taking action to correct the picture. Apparently someone in the Navy provided and approved the incorrect image. It obviously was not a submariner!

No comments: