Custom Search

Friday, November 17, 2006

Don't Forget these guys!


The Navy NewsStand has an article about how the (M)orale, (W)elfare and (R)ecreation department has organized an effort to send care packages to Navy and Marine personnel for the upcoming Holidays. I cannot stress how important this is to them. It may not seem like alot but when you are in a steel tube somewhere under the ocean it can be a little comforting to have a package to open from someone who supports you. Before you ask, yes submarines surface occasionally and they try to either bring the packages onboard then from a tugboat, or as in my case, the packages were stored onboard before we left port and we got them on Christmas morning. If you have never done this, I highly recommend it. I am not sure if it is too late for this year or not. I can look into it and post an update. If it is too late, try to have a reminder for next year and send a care package to someone who has to spend the holidays without their family!

1 comment:

Matt said...

I did not send a package myself, but I joined in with a group from work and donated money to send several packages from our company.