Custom Search

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Look out North Korea!


Now that Russian submarines are not really considered much of a threat anymore, because of their lack of funding and their incessant need to compromise safety in order to stay in the game, US submarines are taking on a whole new focus. Terrorism! The Pacific Ocean is becoming a good hiding place for Fast Attack subs, and Guided Missile subs for the new war on terrorism. During the Cold War, we needed to keep an eye on our Russian friends, but now they are pretty much doing the job for us. They sink more of their own subs than anyone else does. I can't even imagine now how many "Silent Hunters" are out there in the Pacific with watchful eyes on The Korean Peninsula. I am sure that there is more than one with the North on their list of targets.

2 comments:

Bass Hampton said...

Does North Korea have submarines? Is that a stupid question?

Matt said...

Not a stupid question. I can understand why you would ask. They do have some submarines that they got from Russia. Based on my previous posts on the Russian Navy, I do not think I need to say any more...